Life Coach Certification Courses & Curriculum
Our ICF-Approved Program consists of two interactive and intensive classes as well as Mentor Coaching hours.
Certification Class is a 20-hour class, 4 hours of prerequisite homework followed by 16 hours of face-to-face class hours. This class curriculum consists of:
- A detailed training and overview of the ICF Code of Ethics and Core Competencies
- The History of Life Coaching
- Scope of practice for Life Coaching
- Life Coaching in 3D – LCIA’s unique approach to Life Coaching that will support your clients in the successful attainment of their objectives
- Niche/specialties within the Life Coaching profession
- Overview of Motivational Interviewing as it relates to effective Life Coaching. This skill-set will enhance your current professional and personal relationships.
- Role-playing and demonstrations provided by trainers
- Practicum work with your colleagues throughout your training. Trainers will provide on-going supervision and feedback to enhance your skill-set development.
- Client assessment applications
- Goal-setting tools
- Administrative Forms Provided to include: welcome letters, data intake forms, session preparation forms, assessments, goal setting tools, and other valuable resources.
Graduate Advanced Training Class is a 30 hour ICF approved curriculum, 6 hours of prerequisite work due at check in, day one, and 24 hours of face-to-face class training hours. This class curriculum consists of:
- Comprehensive Review of ICF Code of Ethics and Core Competencies and advanced focus and application on the Core Competencies utilizing Motivational Interviewing communication skill set and our very own “Life Coaching in 3D”.
- Complex training in Motivational Interviewing with specific focus on complex reflections, the four processes of Motivational Interviewing and the integration of tools designed to enhance coach to hear and elicit change talk in the coaching relationship. Additionally, we will train our LCIA graduates to identify sustain and change talk, the sweet spot of ambivalence and the art of effectively providing collaborative support in client interaction.
- Advanced training in “Life Coaching in 3D”; understanding the sequential movement of the client with intentional guidance from coach to identify client movement towards their desired change
- Group work presentations
- Motivational Interviewing skills presented will support the communication skill-sets learned in Certification Class. Additionally, we will train our LCIA graduates in complex reflections, sustain and change talk, the sweet spot of ambivalence and the art of effectively providing collaborative support in client interaction.
- Real-play and demonstrations provided by trainers with students. Students will provide effective feedback using observation worksheets.
- Intensive practicum work that will provide students with a minimum of 6 hours of supervised coaching. Hours of coach practicum training may be used for required hour log for ICF’s ACC unpaid coaching hours requirements. Trainers will provide students with written evaluations as it relates to skills taught.
- Students will learn how to evaluate and will be given the opportunity to engage as observers if skill-set demonstrates competency
- Overview of group coaching to include: the formulation of fee structure, group guidelines, group processes and organization, and group formation.
- Group coaching practicum (minimum of 3 hours) facilitated by trainers
- Questions and Answers regarding the ICF’s ACC application process and LCIA Mentor Coaching Program
***Please note, all courses and programs offered at Life Coaching Institute of America are taught in the English language.
Certification & Coach Training Programs was last modified: March 18th, 2017 by